Monday 14 October 2013

I heart pattern testing: Terra's Treasures Mayfair top/dress



I've been pattern testing again :) I already have a few patterns from Terra's treasures. First I bought the Suburban Basic T-Shirt pattern and boy have I got my money's worth out of that!? I have made at least 5 for Eloise and two for each of the boys and have so many more planned. It is a quick, easy pattern that fits beautifully. I have since bought the Streamline T but haven't had a chance to sew any up yet. I can't wait to do so though. And... I won the Provincial top on a blog giveaway recently :) 

So... When I saw a testing call for Terra's newest pattern I said "me please!!!" and I was so excited when I was selected. 

The pattern is the Mayfair top/dress. It is a lovely looking garment that includes lots of options (and I LOVE options). It can be a top or dress, have short or long sleeves, ruffles or no ruffles, straight collar or ruffled neckline. It can be made with cotton, woven fabrics or with a lace overlay. The options are endless. I made the top in the 18-24mo size with short sleeves and straight collar, using cotton fabric and anglaise trim. 


The sizing was perfect for Eloise. The pattern was easy to follow and had step by step photos. I was really happy with how it turned out :) 

Some close ups and the back

She wasn't really in the mood for photos so I got a lot of pouty model shots ;)

And some with her clearly chewing the foody bribes I was giving :/

An occasional smile :)

And... Trying to eat rocks :/

Look at those cute little puffy sleeves :)

I think this little top is very sweet and will be making more of them for Eloise.  Eloise is wearing the Mayfair top with the w-skirt I made last month.

The pattern should be released soon and as soon as it is I'll pop back to add in the links for where to buy it. 

Thanks for reading along, please let me know what you think :)

Kerry xx

No comments:

Post a Comment